Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Venting...

OK, so I may be venting a little here but I think many of you will agree with the ridiculousness of what I saw on my way to work this morning. I looked to my right and there was a lady driving with her seven year old son and she was smoking her little heart out, that was my first complaint about her... Then I noticed her son was in the front seat with her, my second complaint about her, although a little less vulgar complaint. Then I notice he is standing up right by the dash, that's when I lost it. How hard is it to put your son in the back seat, let alone in a seat belt?! Hello, hasn't she heard that "seatbelts save lives"! I'm not the best at wearing my seat belt sometimes (I try and usually do though) but when it comes to kids, how is that something you'd think twice about? It's not like she didn't notice since he was standing and moving around all over... I hope I don't offend anyone by saying that I think that smoking can be a very selfish thing and I respect the ones that quit for others sake. (I also respect the smokers who go into the parking lot to smoke instead of smoking right by our apartment window, I don't respect the ones that smoke by our window). I have absolutely NO RESPECT for someone who smokes around children, especially yours! If you can't stop smoking, rise above it and keep it from your kids, go outside, etc. The worst is when a pregnant woman is smoking, but it's about the same thing to smoke around your kids in my opinion. Your kid didn't make the decision to smoke like you did so don't force your lung cancer on them! Ok, I just had to get that out...

2 comments:

Marissa Jeanette said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I can't stand when people have no respect for other and blow smoke in in your direction. You should keep your dirty habbits to yourself! and I hate when parents smoke around there kids it's just Unexcusable!

Jewls said...

I totally agree with you! And I don't think it's rude at all. With all of the research we have now days I think that people who smoke are simply retarded! Their like little death/cancer sticks, they turn your teeth yellow, they stink, and you DO NOT look cool when you smoke! And it's WAY rude to expose your child to that, especially your unborn child...retards! Ok, I'm done!