Should I dye my hair darker again? I keep thinking about it and keep trying to ignore it because 1-Garrett likes my natural hair and it did take a while to grow out all the last dye and 2-I'm kind of lazy and don't necessarily want the "maintenance" of dying my hair again but at the same time I want something new and I like dark short hair so much more than the color I have, I think... I would probably do the same color I had before, dark brown with a hint of purplish hue...
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
I feel a little post happy all a sudden ha but oh well. So I deleted most of the pictures on my work computer except my wedding power point because it has a ton of pics on it that come in handy sometimes. I was looking at it to get a pic for my last post and started looking at some of our baby pics and trying to imagine what Carson will look like, I can't wait to find out! Here's some of our old pics so you all can wonder too! ;)
at 10:43 AM
How well do you know your Significant Other? Share with the one who sent you this and more of your friendsby Stacia Chamberlain
1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? a fishing show or hunting or some silly show on mtv or what not that we get addicted to or "what i like about you" ha he likes that one.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? i dont think hes too picky with that... he likes our poppyseed or raspberry vinaigrette at home but I dont know if hes ever ordered a salad out, if he does hell just share mine and I usually get blue cheese.
3. What's one food he doesn't like? hmmmm, tough call on that. hell eat anything really but he doesn't love "girl food" restaurants, food he thinks won't fill him up even if he thinks it tastes good. he likes most food but hes not one of those people that "loves" food, i usually have more of an opinion on where we eat and what not, im slowly converting him into more of a food lover though.
4. You go out to eat and have a drink? we usually just order one diet coke and share it (yes I convert everyone around me) or he loves mountain dew and sometimes a raspberry lemonade. 5. Where did he go to high school? Tooele High
6. What size shoe does he wear? 9 1/2 or 10 I believe
Where did 7 go?
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? everyday for lunch he has a honey baked turkey lunch meat with meunster cheese and he usually puts doritos on it. occassionally, hell buy a ham and bake it and cut it up for his lunches. when were out, he likes sandwiches with steak and what not.
9. What would this person eat every day if he could? steak and shrimp
10. What is his favorite cereal? cinnamon crunch (the lil square ones) or the bag version of banana nut crunch (cant remember the name, honey oats or something)
11. What would he never wear? girl pants (and no not like pants for girls, the ugly style now that boys wear...)
12. What is his favorite sports team? he doesn't really have one... we dont watch much sports. 13. What is the color of his eyes? hazel: green/brown. when we were dating i said his eyes were green/brown and hes like no theyre hazel, he didn't know hazel meant it was a mixture of 2 colors basically
14. Who is his best friend? me and he's got a handful of guys hed consider best friends
15. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? probably worry so much about getting things done
16. What is his heritage? irish and norweigan
17. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake? one with hardly any or no frosting! he likes yellow cake the best probably. he does like the whipped cream frosting that comes on some cakes you buy though...
18. Did he play sports in high school? yes, wrestling for tooele. he played soccer outside of high school at some point as well.
19. What could he spend hours doing? fishing, hunting, riding his motorcycle, sharpening his knives, looking at his fishing stuff and bow, basically anything in the mountains ha and he can apparently spend a lot of time puddying walls (hes kind of a perfectionist with some things)
20. If he had a $100.00, what would he spend it on? i wish i could say me ha but realistically it probably depends what his current want is i guess. most things he wants are well over $100, so right now hed put it towards the drill he wants or the gun he wants or he can always spend money on fishing stuff
21. If he could go anywhere on a vacation, where would it be? samoa
22. What is his favorite icecream? he doesnt have a particular favorite but among the top are butter pecan, vanilla (for ice cream cones) and i cant think of another one, just depends, maybe something chocolatey
23. If he went on a reality show, which one would he go on? trick my trucker or whatever it is ha ha jk, he wishes he could be on that. he would love to be on one that involved fishing but i dont know if there are any like that
24. What is he affraid of most? good question, i dont know. probably the norm; losing his fam, house, job, etc.
25. What is his favorite thing to say? "10-4" would be at the top
at 10:18 AM
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Well I feel like we fell off the face of the earth the last few weeks! We've been so busy with getting our new home ready and getting ready for the baby and we haven't hung out with anyone in so long.. :( We are enjoying our new home but can't wait til we have less projects (I don't think the projects will ever end completely) keeping us busy. We miss all our old neighbors and friends, call us and come visit please! :) Once I feel our place is set up a little more, we'll throw a party and have Marcus come DJ! ;) So just wanted to send a shout out saying we are still alive and to call us to play!
Baby update: I'm getting back into the super tired mode and sometimes I feel so exhausted and it drives me nuts because I feel like I have so much to do and hate not being motivated/too tired to do it but I'm glad that I have so much help getting our home ready! We are starting to get Carsons room ready this week and I think I'll feel much better/ready when that's done! He's still kicking my guts out and is outgrowing my belly already, he gets a foot or something stuck up in my rib cage all the time and it can be pretty painful so I can't wait for him to come out! Hopefully I'll be ready by then because I'm sure not now, except my body is so done with this! haha. I need to take pics, we haven't taken any pics of anything for a long time...
This week is Garretts spring break, he's filled the "extra" time in with working on the town home, getting his motorcycle registered and today he went fishing, I'm wondering if he will ever come home? He is definitely getting more and more obsessed with fishing... He even reads fishing books, which is saying something considering he never reads. Of course, the ones he's read so far have all been filled with lots of pictures... I ventured out and surprised him and bought him a huge book all about fishing stories, and guess what? NO PICTURES! Ha so far he says he likes it but hasn't had much time to read it and it's definitely different from his other fishing books! Pretty soon here I might get him reading regular novels or something... ha ha.
Well that's about it for us right now! Busy but great!
at 12:50 PM
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Thanks for interviewing me Rachel!!
1.How did you get interested in Interior Design? Would you like to start a business?
I think I have always been interested in Interior Design. I remember when I was little I'd just take all of my decorations down from my room, put them all on my bed and then put them all back up differently, sometimes re-arranging my furniture as well. In high school I took the Interior Design class, I didn't really work too hard at it, it was a goof off class but I did enjoy it and was considering it as a career but I think the pay scale deterred me from it, they made it sound horrible with pay for some reason. Interior Designers get paid a wide range so its kind of what you make of it but I don't think I'll ever put it before my family enough to be too big time with it, that'd be fun but I know I can get too into work sometimes (when I'm working for myself with things I love). Anyways, I started in Interior Design at Utah State, then I got worried I didn't like it enough for how competitive it was up there and so I just took a couple classes for it and did generals. Once I left USU (couldn't afford the lack of good jobs up there), I realized I really did have a passion for it. I was working at a law firm for a year and planned on going back to school the next year in Interior Design, I did it and got my Certificate in Design. Now they offer an Associates in it so I'd like to go back to get that, it will only take me about 2 semesters but its Garretts turn for school now.
Yes I would like to start my own business in Design eventually. I am slowly working towards that. For one, it's an impossible field to get into unless you know someone (especially with the economy right now) and most designers work for themselves or only have a few designers in a company. One of my motivations for design is to be able to work for myself from home and be able to choose when I want to work.
2.You love old/classic movies. Which movie is your favorite and who is your favorite actor from that era?
I do love old movies! I would love to go back and visit different historical eras, it fascinates me in so many ways! I'd definitely have to say my favorite actor from that era would be Cary Grant, all of his movies are just great, never been disappointed yet (he was in over 70 movies)! Coming as my 2nd favorite actors would be: Doris Day, Irene Dunn and Rock Hudson (Doris Day and Irene Dunn are in many CG movies, I've recently discovered I like Rock Hudson a lot as well). I would like to get all of Cary Grants movies someday, ha so I plan on being on the news 50 years from now for my Cary Grant movie collection! I don't know if I could say which movie is my favorite though... For a Rock Hudson/Doris Day movie: "Pillow Talk". For a CG movie: I think I will say "A Touch of Mink" because it is the first CG movie I got and what made me fall in love with those movies.
3.What are you looking forward to the most with having a little boy?
There is so much to look forward to, it's hard to say. I think what I am overall most excited for is being there while he experiences everything and watching him as he develops. I can't wait to take him to places for the first time and seeing his personality more and more.
4.What are you most excited about with your new place?
It's a toss up between having some space and to be able to have more freedom with decorating! I LOVE organizing and can't wait to be able to organize with some space. Our apt was as organized as it could get but it had to be so we could fit everything! I just wish I had more financial freedom for decorating so I could do everything I really want to do!
Oh and even though our backyard is small, I'm so excited to have one! I feel like I have missed out on summer while living in an apartment with no porch or anything, didn't get to see the sun on a regular basis!
5.What is your funniest memory of your husband?
Hmmm, that's a tough one... I can think of a lot of things that are regular things that make me laugh but most of the funny memories about him, for me, have something to do with his obsession with the outdoors. For some reason one moment that sticks in my mind right now is from the first night we met. It is so much more interesting to look back on all of the beginning now that I know him so well. Now that I know him so well, of course our first conversation ever was about hunting. I have no idea how it even came up but he kept asking me what kind of bow my dad had and all this stuff, of course I had no idea. He says he went home that night and told his mom he found the girl he was going to marry (kind of joking). I wonder sometimes if he married me only because my bros and dad hunt...? Thats prob not a great funny memory to all of you but its what came to me and still makes me laugh because it's so Garrett! This picture below sums him up, this was in college while he was bear hunting ha he's crazy and constantly entertains me with his obsessions, he gets so excited about it, I love it!
If you are interested in having me give you a few interview questions for you to answer on your blog, be one of the first five people to follow these instructions and I’ll be in touch.
at 9:19 AM