Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Busy, busy and some overall whining! ;)

Like many of you I'm sure, we have been super busy lately. We have been swamped with house projects (they seriously never end!), we spent about 4 or 5 hours in Home Depot last Saturday finally getting a ton of stuff that will keep Garrett super busy... doors, light fixtures, etc. I just wish he had more time, he's barely had time for home work and he was sick yesterday because he's so worn out! I wish I was more help with some of it! I'm just so glad I have such a handyman, if I didn't, all these repairs/updates would get very expensive! I've been doing what I can do: decorating, helping Garrett with bigger stuff, even some craft projects (shhh, don't tell). I had a surge of energy last week and felt motivated to get stuff done (I think I just realized how close it was getting... oh and the fact that Garrett believed me that I said I was going into labor on April Fools scared me a lil...) but this week I've mostly just felt exhausted and we're both sleeping very deep! Which is probably good, since pregnant women aren't known to sleep good this far along and I probably wouldn't if I was going to bed earlier or if I was able to nap or something so I do appreciate that! Other than the extreme pain I get under my ribs (i think its a mixture between ligaments stretching and babys foot in there, it hurts so bad sometimes though!) and it waking me up every night and killing multiple times during the day, and the constant back ache, head aches, inability to move well, siatic nerve (spelling?), exhaustion...I'm doing great! ;) ha ha jk, I really can't complain too much (just a little). Carson's room is getting closer... His crib came in the mail last week, it's still in the box but it's here! Glider came on Monday and his dresser shipped out today (yes, I've become a big fan of online shopping recently, that's what happens when you barely have time to get to the store!). I finally washed some of his clothes, just in case he comes early (he's not though, expect him the first week of May). My mom has a few stripes to finish painting on his wall and Garrett needs to get the chair rail up and then I think things will come along a lot faster and I'll be able to start putting things away and setting up his room. When that time comes, I'll get pictures and post! As ready as I am to be done, it's probably good he's going to be a little late because I'd like to feel a little prepared! Some people don't think it matters probably but I know many do so I'm not abnormal! I'm definitely a planner! As much as I tell myself to not worry about it all and just relax (I tell myself that everyday and it only works if I'm really tired), I still want it all to feel ready so I can relax better at some point... Anyways, that's what we've been up to, not too exciting I guess. Sorry if this was a little whiney, just stating the facts.. ;)

4 comments:

Rachael said...

wow! You are busy! I can completly understand. My house is in a state of clutter... it's been that way since Christmas. We're doing the bare minimum to get by, and that is about it! I really want to deep clean and put everything away, but lets face it, I'm way too tired and Ryan is way too busy... such is life. I'm glad we're not the only ones who's lives get crazy! :) I hope you are doing alright! I can't wait to see your place. Carson's room sounds like it is going to be very cute! Is your baby shower still planned for the 18th? I'll have to ask Marissa tonight. If so, I can't wait to see you! Hang in there... your wee little one is almost here! :)

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Crazy times! and just to warn you, it doesn't slow down at all when the baby comes :) I hope all goes well with your house and all the repairs you're doing, you guys are super ambitous!

Amberlee said...

Oh man. I love the comic! Sorry I can't offer my help (realistically). Good luck with everything. I can't wait to play with Carson.

Jamie said...

i remember feeling stressed to have everything just perfect before sadie arrived. there is SO much to do and you don't WANT to do anything! hang in there! he'll be here before ya know it! : )