Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thanks for interviewing me Rachel!!
1.How did you get interested in Interior Design? Would you like to start a business?
I think I have always been interested in Interior Design. I remember when I was little I'd just take all of my decorations down from my room, put them all on my bed and then put them all back up differently, sometimes re-arranging my furniture as well. In high school I took the Interior Design class, I didn't really work too hard at it, it was a goof off class but I did enjoy it and was considering it as a career but I think the pay scale deterred me from it, they made it sound horrible with pay for some reason. Interior Designers get paid a wide range so its kind of what you make of it but I don't think I'll ever put it before my family enough to be too big time with it, that'd be fun but I know I can get too into work sometimes (when I'm working for myself with things I love). Anyways, I started in Interior Design at Utah State, then I got worried I didn't like it enough for how competitive it was up there and so I just took a couple classes for it and did generals. Once I left USU (couldn't afford the lack of good jobs up there), I realized I really did have a passion for it. I was working at a law firm for a year and planned on going back to school the next year in Interior Design, I did it and got my Certificate in Design. Now they offer an Associates in it so I'd like to go back to get that, it will only take me about 2 semesters but its Garretts turn for school now.
Yes I would like to start my own business in Design eventually. I am slowly working towards that. For one, it's an impossible field to get into unless you know someone (especially with the economy right now) and most designers work for themselves or only have a few designers in a company. One of my motivations for design is to be able to work for myself from home and be able to choose when I want to work.

2.You love old/classic movies. Which movie is your favorite and who is your favorite actor from that era?
I do love old movies! I would love to go back and visit different historical eras, it fascinates me in so many ways! I'd definitely have to say my favorite actor from that era would be Cary Grant, all of his movies are just great, never been disappointed yet (he was in over 70 movies)! Coming as my 2nd favorite actors would be: Doris Day, Irene Dunn and Rock Hudson (Doris Day and Irene Dunn are in many CG movies, I've recently discovered I like Rock Hudson a lot as well). I would like to get all of Cary Grants movies someday, ha so I plan on being on the news 50 years from now for my Cary Grant movie collection! I don't know if I could say which movie is my favorite though... For a Rock Hudson/Doris Day movie: "Pillow Talk". For a CG movie: I think I will say "A Touch of Mink" because it is the first CG movie I got and what made me fall in love with those movies.

3.What are you looking forward to the most with having a little boy?
There is so much to look forward to, it's hard to say. I think what I am overall most excited for is being there while he experiences everything and watching him as he develops. I can't wait to take him to places for the first time and seeing his personality more and more.

4.What are you most excited about with your new place?
It's a toss up between having some space and to be able to have more freedom with decorating! I LOVE organizing and can't wait to be able to organize with some space. Our apt was as organized as it could get but it had to be so we could fit everything! I just wish I had more financial freedom for decorating so I could do everything I really want to do!
Oh and even though our backyard is small, I'm so excited to have one! I feel like I have missed out on summer while living in an apartment with no porch or anything, didn't get to see the sun on a regular basis!

5.What is your funniest memory of your husband?
Hmmm, that's a tough one... I can think of a lot of things that are regular things that make me laugh but most of the funny memories about him, for me, have something to do with his obsession with the outdoors. For some reason one moment that sticks in my mind right now is from the first night we met. It is so much more interesting to look back on all of the beginning now that I know him so well. Now that I know him so well, of course our first conversation ever was about hunting. I have no idea how it even came up but he kept asking me what kind of bow my dad had and all this stuff, of course I had no idea. He says he went home that night and told his mom he found the girl he was going to marry (kind of joking). I wonder sometimes if he married me only because my bros and dad hunt...? Thats prob not a great funny memory to all of you but its what came to me and still makes me laugh because it's so Garrett! This picture below sums him up, this was in college while he was bear hunting ha he's crazy and constantly entertains me with his obsessions, he gets so excited about it, I love it!

If you are interested in having me give you a few interview questions for you to answer on your blog, be one of the first five people to follow these instructions and I’ll be in touch.


INSTRUCTIONS

1. Leave me a comment in this post saying, “Interview me” (please include your email address as well).
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions of my choosing.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include these instructions and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions each.

1 comments:

Rachael said...

Thanks for answering the questions! I loved reading the answers. So, the old movies - Cary Grant, Doris Day, and Rock Hudson are my favorite too! I love "Pillow Talk" and "That Touch of Mink." I actually own both of those too. Such good movies were made then. I'm so glad that someone besides me likes them too! Seriously, we really do need to get together and watch some movies - I hardly watch them any more because Ryan finds them boring. :( Have you ever seen "Tammy and the Bachelor" with Debbie Reynolds? That is a really good one too. Anyway, have a great day!