Thursday, November 5, 2009

Adoption

My friend Julie, from college, is trying to adopt. I am so happy for them that they are so close now to being able to adopt and can't wait to see them start their family soon. I believe in adoption strongly. I think a woman going through her pregnancy and pain only to give her baby to someone else to raise is one of the most selfless things a person can do. On the other hand, I believe a woman ending her pregnancy for her own selfish reasons is one of the most selfish things you can do. I also believe that being told you can't have children and moving on and deciding to adopt would be extremely hard but also shows how loving and selfless you are. Adoption has a very hearbreaking side to it and on the receiving end, a very happy beginning. This time, I am excited to be the audience for a happy beginning!

Lance and Julie are having an awesome giveaway to promote their adoption cause! (I didn't do this post for the giveaway by the way) Please take a minute to look at their adoption blog (http://lanceandjulieadopt.blogspot.com). Then, make sure to enter their giveaway at http://lanceandjulie.blogspot.com. The most successful way to adopt is word of mouth so please help them spread the word! Thanks!

3 comments:

Brenda Sue said...

Coming from someone who was on the giving end, it is a blessing for all involved!

Jewls said...

Thanks Kristen! I totally agree with what you said. In fact...sometimes it makes me ache to think that what I want will cause someone else so much pain!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

I see babies in the NICU go home with adoptive/foster parents all the time and MOST of the time they are so much better off. Now, unfortunately, most of the time they aren't given up willingly (mom did drugs) but seeing the joy on that new families face is priceless and those babies have a chance at life that they would never have had with thier real mom.