Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Am I missing out?

Carson is napping (love nap time, it could only be better if I were napping too), I'm working and getting distracted by blogging right now.

Does anyone else worry they don't get enough out of life? Not like "poor picked on me" attitude or anything, I feel super blessed but more like I don't take enough action to get everything out of life. I have issues with never wanting to miss out on anything, I have rarely ever been the one to go to bed first or say no to anything. Just wondering if anyone else is like that...? I feel like I have been wanting to be able to be able to work from home forever because I need that flexibility but now I feel like I don't take advantage of it enough or just get caught up in the routine of life and don't fully appreciate it. It was so hard sometimes going to an office everyday, especially in the summer and I love being home but feel like I don't enjoy it enough. Does this make any sense? I have serious issues in the summer because all winter I can't wait for summer and feel like I should do everything and be outside all the time but lately sometimes I'd just rather stay inside and work or something... Or even at night instead of going and doing something fun, I'd rather just stay home lately. We still do a lot of fun stuff, don't take me wrong and I'm sure next summer will be different because I won't be post preggo and Carson will want to be outside. It's also hard when I don't know anyone that lives by me though and most of my friends don't have any kids yet and are at work during the day. Plus I really do need to work but I can work at night sometimes too. I can't wait until he's a little older and wants to go to the zoo or the pool, etc. I LOVE this age too and am enjoying it though! Sorry for the random post, had a lot of random thoughts today! :)

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Nope, you are not the only one that feels like that. So call us and we will go play anytime you want!!

Lindsey Walker said...

I feel like this all the time and I don't have kids!! but my struggles are if i should go to school or not, i have this same thought process. Like I am not taking advantage of life and should be going to school. But then I know I am supporting my husband through school and keeping us out of debt. haaaa, it can make ya go crazy!!

Reid, Megan, Jackson and Aiva said...

Oh man, this is a subject that is very near to my heart. First of all, EVERYONE that has a new baby has a huge adjustment period that you go through that nobody really talks about. I personally felt like it took me nine months AFTER I had a baby to get back to somewhat of my old self and my old ways of life.

Second of all, it's totally normal to want to hang out at home. Reid and I are the BIGGEST homebodies ever and I used to feel guilty or something that we didn't hang out more but the truth is, when your little one is ready to go to bed, so are YOU! Being a mom is EXHAUSTING!

Lastly, I had a really frustrating time at first because I didn't think that people understood my son did better with a bedtime routine and that I WANTED to give that to him instead of staying up hanging out until midnight. Priorities change and I really feel that this is a change for the better. Hang in there, you'll adjust!

Marissa Jeanette said...

you guys just need to come hang out with us more and all your worries will go away;)