Thursday, September 10, 2009

Carson's 4 months!

Seriously, time baffles me, how it can seem to go so fast and yet slow at the same time...? Amazing. Carson turned 4 months this week. It is so fun to see him grow so much! He is getting so big and not only has a double chin but is working on a triple chin ha! He can sit up really well now if he’s propped up, he’s just starting solid foods and wasn’t a big fan at all the first handful of times but he’s actually trying to eat it now, it gets all over his lil face and bib but he’s doing so much better! I get so proud of him and all his lil accomplishments! He LOVES looking at people, especially me, I’ll look over at him sometimes and realize he’s been staring at me for a while and the second I look at him, he gives me the biggest, sweetest smiles! He will jabber and squawk just to get your attention. He still sleeps great at night, he hasn’t woken up in the middle of the night once yet! He rubs his eyes like crazy when he’s tired but will fight sleep if he’s distracted or just doesn’t want to sleep. He’s like his mommy and doesn’t like to miss out on anything!
Here’s his schedule, give or take a lil:
7:30—8:00 AM: wake up, diaper change, go to mommy and daddies bed and eat 9 oz. of formula for breakfast.
Wiggle and squeal for a while and then take a nap.
10:30 AM: wake up, get dressed and a bath sometimes.
11:00 AM: Breakfast #2, 8 oz. usually.
Play time with play gym while mommy works or a walk with mommy, etc.
1:00 PM: Lunch time! 6 oz.
Nap time.
4:30 PM: Wake up and eat again! 6 oz.
Play time, usually in swing while mommy does stuff downstairs.
6:30 PM: Dinner, 6 oz. and some runny rice cereal.
Play with Daddy!
8:30 PM: Sometimes bath, jammies, then 6 oz. bottle.
Bed time!
He eats about 6 to 8 oz. for each feeding, most of them are 6 but depending on the day and if his schedule gets disrupted, it can vary. Garrett loves to tickle Carson with his goatee and Carson giggles so much. We love his giggles, he’s such a happy little guy. When I change him in and out of his jammies and lift up his arm, he starts giggling before I even tickle his armpit. He has the cutest little deep giggle. He’s started to purse his lips a little and keeping his tongue in his mouth more, which makes it easier to feed him his cereal. He is drooling a ton and has been for the last month but keeps getting worse and worse! He’s chewing on everything he can get his hands on and is getting so good with his hands.
His 4 months stats:
Weight: 17 lbs. 12 oz., 93% (he’s a chunk! Love it!)
Length: 27.3”, 101% (still super long)
Head Circumference: 42.5 cm, 56% (does anyone really care about this stat ha)

He’s such a great baby and I love seeing him learn and grow more every single day, so far it isn’t too sad but I know a few years down the road I will miss him being so little.

Randomness: As for us, we're doing great. Garrett started at the U and it's going good, he couldn't find a class he wanted (he was in one for a bit then realized it was an advanced class for a different major, not worth it just for his international credit) that was in between his other 2 for the life of him so we just had to give up but he's still taking a good amount of credits with his biology lab. Apparently hunting season is over, ha I always think it goes a lot longer than it does so it kind of messed up a few things for me but nothing huge, except I can't get on a soccer team and I REALLY wanted to play... The only team I knew about was playing on Saturdays and I didn't know if I could do Saturdays or not because 1. Saturdays are a pain to work soccer around and 2. I thought Garrett would be hunting so either he wouldn't be there to watch Carson or if he was, we prob hadn't seen each other all weekend and would want to play. So yeah, then before I knew it I found out my friend joined without telling me ha and it was too late for me to join (I thought I had 2 more weeks til it started too...) and I can't get a hold of anyone at the Murray place, nor do I really want to join a random team on my own so ya, oh well. I'm pretty bummed about it but I'll get over it! So guess I'll need to find something else, other than my workout, to help me lose some weight! Well, got to take advantage of Carson napping and get to work! :) Wow, sorry for the super LONG post!Tummy time, he gets his legs so high up in the air (this pic doesn't really show it) and then lifts his head so pretty much he's just balancing on his belly and almost rolls over half the time ha.

We almost missed him being able to wear this hat, his head is almost too big now!
He'd be able to get more food in his mouth if he didn't want to smile at us so much! ;)
One of the first couple times trying food...
I think he looks so handsome in this pic. Oh and I looove his new highchair.
We went swimming at our pool on Monday (If anyone ever wants to come swimming, please do!)
Just chillin!
I love his face in this pic!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

i know exactly what you mean about time feeling fast and slow at the same time. so weird! happy 4 months to little carson! he's such a cutie! and that highchair looks darling!

Chris and Amy Darton said...

He gets cuter and cuter, wow how time flies!

Ashley King said...

he is such a big boy! look at that belly :) I want to squeeze him. I'm jealous of his sleeping through the night!! And lol to the head circumfrence, I always just smile & say "oh okay" when the nurse tells me what it is.

The Newton's said...

I can't believe how much he has filled out! He is a quite a chunk and he has even passed Mason up which i didn't think was possible! Mason was 16 lbs 12 oz and 27 in. long at his 4 months so they are pretty close. Looks like he is doing good!

Brandi said...

Oh, I miss him! Lets play soon!